Who
am I?
Staring
into the blinding lights that veiled the audience before me, I reminisced on my
year. In June 2011, I had been crowned Miss Teen Oklahoma, and for an entire
year, that title had been my identity. And now a year later, as I was
relinquishing my crown, I began to wonder who I was as a person. However as the
pageant ended and days passed, I realized that it wasn’t the title that defined
me. The people in my life, my experiences and my faith have shaped who I am.
Born to successful parents, I was always pushed to
succeed. From school, to pageants, and even relationships, my parents continually
urged me to be my best. I am a hard worker and an achiever because of my
parents influence. My life experiences have also had a major impact on who I am.
When I graduated middle school, I was left with a diminished self-confidence.
After I entered a beauty pageant however, I gained new confidence in myself. The
pageant forced me to grow out of my shy tendencies, see myself in a new light,
and helped cultivate confidence in myself and my abilities. While people and
experiences helped form me, my faith has molded my life beyond comprehension.
Before I became a Christian, my life had revolved around winning mans approval.
After my salvation, I realized that my life had a purpose beyond worldly
achievements; my faith has transformed me and my outlook on the future.
The
people in my life, my life experiences and my faith have molded me into the
person I am today. I am goal oriented and secure in who I am. However my faith
in Christ is what truly defines me.
I absolutely loved how you started this off! It caught my attention immediately.
ReplyDelete